Greater Toronto Area, ON
Decorative label press operator required to operate finishing press for digitally printed labels. This candidate must have the knowledge and skills required to run servo operated flat bed press, with foil stamping, embossing, screen printing, flexo printing, lamination and die cutting.
The press operator must be able to read tickets and docket bags in order to produce quality labels and packaging to meet customer’s expectations. Demonstrated past relevant press experience is required.
Must be familiar with:
- Hot Foil/ Embossing/ Silk Screening
- UV inks and curing systems
- Lamination stations
- Flexible dies & die mounting
- Die cutting
- Tension controls
- Web guides
- Must be able to troubleshoot print defects and mechanical press issues.
- Keeping pace in a fast moving environment without sacraficing quality
- Mathematically inclined
- Basic computer knowledge
- Colour analytics
This job also requires:
- Being able to lift 50lbs
- Managing large rolls of material
- Standing for lengthy periods of time