Lorpon Labels Inc.
This is for a flexographic printing company – do not apply if you do not have experience working in this industry.
One of the primary roles of this position will be to understand and enter all the manufacturing specifications in our label and packaging ERP software in order to create accurate estimates for the sales team to review. In this function it is critical to understand the manufacturing process and be able to work efficiently and accurately. Attention to detail is critical.
This position is also responsible for appropriately communicating customer requirements to the manufacturing team, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create estimates in a label & packaging estimating program for review by the sales management team.
- Review repeat production job estimates to ensure accuracy.
- Enter customer orders into the system following procedures. Check all information received from the customer for accuracy and completeness. Collect all necessary information from customer and previous job to complete the job.
- Communicate with customer or Sales Representative to avoid errors or guess work.
- Initiate and quote change orders as required. Inform sales representative and/or customer of any additional costs.
- Keep job ticket information complete, accurate and current.
- Regularly monitor cost reports of larger jobs to ensure costs stay within quoted dollar amount.
- Provide solutions to problems.
- Attend scheduling meetings and communicate with coworkers the status of jobs, any unique circumstances relating to jobs, etc.
- Maintain or reduce costs associated with assigned jobs.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards
- Maintain clean, neat and orderly workstation. Keep customer service area, viewing areas neat and clean.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Requires a bachelor degree in Graphic Communications and/or equivalent job experience. Knowledge of flexo and digital print is an asset.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as estimates and manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and other employees of the organization. Requires excellent telephone and interpersonal skills.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to use abstract reasoning subject to supervisor approval in situations departing from accepted procedures and practices.