Huddersfield Road, Etobicoke
The Estimator is responsible for engineering each job and deciding the best manufacturing process. This role serves as the primary contact for internal customers with regards to new projects and business development, as well as re-engineering existing orders for better efficiency. Collaboration with Sales, Customer Service and Production teams will be necessary.
One of the primary roles of this position will be to understand and enter all the manufacturing specifications in our label and packaging ERP/MIS software in order to create accurate estimates for the sales team to review. In this function it is critical to understand the manufacturing process and be able to work efficiently and accurately. Attention to detail is critical.
The Estimator is also responsible for appropriately communicating customer requirements to the manufacturing team, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Responsibilities and Duties
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create estimates in a label manufacturing ERP/MIS software program for review by the sales and production management teams.
- Review repeat production job estimates to ensure accuracy.
- Suggesting new ways of manufacturing repeat production orders for better efficiencies
- Enter customer orders into the ERP/MIS system following procedures. Check all information received from the customer for accuracy and completeness. Collect all necessary information from customer and previous job to complete the job.
- Check customer supplied final electronic artwork, ensuring it matches docket information.
- Communicate with customer or Sales Representative to avoid errors or guess work.
- Generate purchase orders for paper, outside services, other materials and place order to ensure timely delivery of materials and services for assigned jobs.
- Initiate and quote change orders as required. Inform sales representative and/or customer of any additional costs.
- Keep job ticket information complete, accurate and current.
- Regularly monitor cost reports of larger jobs to ensure costs stay within quoted dollar amount.
- Check samples to ensure accurate final product
- Attend production meetings and communicate with coworkers any unique circumstances relating to jobs, etc.
- Serve as a backup for other Customer Service Coordinators
- Maintain or reduce costs associated with assigned jobs.
- Maintain clean, neat and orderly workstation.
Qualifications and Skills
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Requires a bachelor degree in Graphic Communications and/or equivalent job experience. Knowledge of flexo and digital print is an asset.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as estimates and manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and other employees of the organization. Requires excellent telephone and interpersonal skills.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to use abstract reasoning subject to supervisor approval in situations departing from accepted procedures and practices.
Medical, Dental, Basic Vision, and other Benefits.