Lorpon Labels Inc., an established and expanding manufacturer of custom printed product labels and single serve flexible packaging has an immediate need for a digital and flexographic prepress operator to join our existing prepress department and handle all responsibilities relating to the steady workflow of art files, and act as the graphics liaison between production, creative designers and the sales and marketing team.
The Prepress Operator responsibilities will include effectively preparing client provided files for production, by checking their specs, resolution, colour profile and logging graphic orders in our software. Demonstrated knowledge of flexo and digital printing processes are required to effectively perform this job. Attention to detail is a required skill.
This is not a creative designer position. Only basic design knowledge is expected. The primary emphasis of the job will be preparing client supplied files and organizing work flow to ensure orders come in and move through to production quickly and error free.
- Pre-flight client supplied files
- Name and organize files based on company operating procedures
- Enter and maintain orders in our MIS software – Label Traxx
- Generate and construct both digital and printed color proofs
- Impose artwork per the supplied production plan
- Prep supplied files for print production
- Utilize workflow automation tools to streamline processes
- Ability to complete file edits and revisions
- Ability to communicate with project team and client on file issues
- The successful candidate will be able to communicate clearly and effectively with internal teams, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Be able to work well in a team, and be able to communicate technical requirements to stakeholders in easy to use terminology
- Take responsibility for assigned projects and timelines
- Proficiency in Adobe CSS, Photoshop (Colour Correction), Illustrator and Acrobat is preferred
- Must be able to work with various graphic design and layout software applications commonly used on Mac’s and PC’s
- A thorough understanding of digital file formats (pdf, tiff, eps) from different operating systems (Mac and PC) is required
- Colour management skills and understanding with the ability to work with different digital file formats as required
- Candidates must have the ability to multitask, and pay close attention to detail.
- Working under time pressure, and prioritizing workflows to meet customer deadlines is required.
- Flexibility and desire to work beyond standard office hours when required to meet customer deadlines
- Preference will be given to candidates that have demonstrated graphics prepress experience in a label printing or packaging environment, or related educational background from a university or college program with a specialty in graphics prepress.
Candidates who can demonstrate prepress knowledge with flexographic and digital printing workflows, and also have hands on experience working in a graphics prepress role in the past in a label or packaging environment will be given first priority. Responsibility and reliability are key characteristics we are looking for, as well as a strong willingness to learn and work in a procedure-orientated environment. Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively is a requirement.