Lorpon Labels Inc., an established and growing manufacturer of custom printed product labels and other types of packing has an immediate need for an HP Indigo Digital Press Operator for our Afternoon Shift to handle all responsibilities relating to the operation of the press, maintaining high levels of quality and production, and be a team player able to effectively communicate with fellow colleagues.
The afternoon shift hours are Monday – Thursday, from 3:00pm to 1:30am – 4x 10hr shifts
- At a minimum level – completed community college level diploma or certificate required.
- Additional courses in Print Production or Operations and other similar functional areas are beneficial
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in digital graphics prepress, demonstrated knowledge Adobe Creative Suite,
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of colour control and theory
- Background and experience in digital press print production operation could be a benefit but not mandatory.
- An understanding of the basic concepts of graphical prepress and prepress workflows will be strongly favoured.
- Experience in operating mechanical and electromechanical equipment.
- Prior computer experience and aptitude.
- An understanding and ability to use common hand tools, and good manual dexterity.
- Process and procedure orientated.
- An affinity to detail and quality control.
- Good visual discrimination, excellent feeling for quality and ability to visualize colours, including the ability to match or detect differences between colours, including shades of colour and brightness.
- Mechanical aptitude and skills to perform technical adjustment and maintenance of the digital press.
- An individual that prefers a clean and orderly work environment and follows press maintenance procedures.
- Analytical approach to problem solving.
- Able to follow directions clearly and work as part of a team.
- Previous experience in print production and/or related experience are an asset
- Ability to conduct tests and inspections to evaluate quality and performance.
- Must be able to independently set up and run the HP Indigo Press (training will and can be provided)
- Flexibility and desire to work beyond standard office hours to meet customer deadlines
- Ability to work on your feet all day and manage work in a fast paced environment.
- Have a valid passport or be able to get one.
- Although the primary responsibility is to run the digital press this position will require some minor physical exertion.
Although not a requirement, ideally the successful candidate will have prior experience in a printing environment (flexo, offset or digital) or in a graphics prepress work environment. A thorough understanding and demonstrated knowledge of graphic workflows, using Adobe Illustrator, and other software in Adobe Creative Suite, plus an understanding of Esko, although not required would be considered an asset. Responsibility and reliability are key characteristics we are looking for, as well as a strong willingness to learn and work in a procedure orientated environment. A close working relationship with the prepress graphics team and production management will be required.