The Sales Consultant role is responsible for creating, growing and maintaining superior relationships with all current and potential new customers. This is a hunting role; where the responsibility will be to develop a portfolio of business in the prime label and single serve flexible packaging market. Some of the verticals that we produce labeling for would be: food, beverage, health and beauty, industrial and warehousing/logistics.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities.
- Grow business with existing accounts and look for opportunities to provide clients with additional value.
- Be familiar with all company policies, costs, costing, capabilities and equipment.
- Ensure that you are aware of the gross margin performance that is expected from your accounts.
- Keep abreast of market changes and competitors and how this affects our customers.
- Actively seek new business from current customers as well as potential new customers.
- Ensure all orders are submitted promptly when received and ensuring the accuracy of all relevant details (e.g. specifications, processing requirements, shipping and handling, etc.).
- Be a liaison between customers and our various departments such as Graphic Art Prepress, Production, Scheduling, Shipping, Purchasing and Credit.
- Monitor the status of customer’s orders and intervene as required to ensure on-time delivery.
- Contact customers to inform them as soon as it is determined that their order will be late or incomplete and to work with them to minimize the consequences of the service breakdown.
- Strive to add value on each transaction with our customers.
- File reports as required (monthly forecasts, territory updates, lost business, etc.)
- Perform all duties in a professional, respectful manner and represent Lorpon Labels Inc. in a positive way.
- Previous sales experience in labels, and/or flexible packaging will be strongly preferred.
- Minimum 3 – 4 years sales experience.
- Completion of post secondary education, University or College with a major in Business Administration or Marketing preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, as well as other CRM programs.
- Drive, determination and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Will be a mix of a base salary plus commission, and expenses.